Detox Your Life
Are thoughts running through your head like a CNN ticker tape? Do you find it difficult to quiet the monkey mind that sabotages your efforts? I want to help you cultivate a positive mindset, get centered, and expand. Rid yourself of the "busy toxin"; let's identify opportunities and detox habits that sidetrack those efforts. Once I committed to the first step, I felt a sense of accomplishment and momentum was building. I added another step, eventually encompassing them all. As I did, things in my life started falling into place with ease.
- Motivation: What will? We'll identify your trigger, commit to a path and help you gain a sense of accomplishment building momentum toward next steps.
- Breathe: Yes, it sounds so simple. However, many of us forget to do this, it's an epidemic. I'll share simple practices to tune in and take a moment to breathe.
- Be Present: Make a commitment to live in the here and now. Although it may have shaped you, I'll help you say good-bye to a past that no longer serves you. And, we'll concentrate on eliminating the desire to future-trip.
- Meditate: Only 5 minutes, that's all you need before you go to sleep, or upon waking--bonus points for both! We'll discuss ways you can integrate this into your day while on your commute, in carpool, or at lunch. It can also set your mind at ease if you're waking up in the middle of the night. When I began, 3 minutes was my limit, however over time I've increased that number to 12 minutes!!! It's amazing!
- Set Intentions: What do you see happening in your life? What big dreams do you still have that CAN come true? You'd be surprised at the power of stating your intentions out loud. Or my favorite, putting pen to paper=journaling. In fact, this practice has the power to help you become physically, emotionally, and mentally healthier. For the tech-obsessed, what about a phone app? I'll help you find the optimum way for you to commit to this powerful act that works for your lifestyle.
Focus on Food
Do you feel confident choosing the right foods when buying groceries? How do you feel inside and out? Food is vitality, energy, and healing. Be your most radiant self, this is possible by eating the right foods. Food is information—send your body the right message. We'll start with a strong foundation covering the basics.
- Ingredient Education: We'll examine my "top 3", and what you need to know about each. I feel strongly about this. I want to help you get comfortable identifying ingredients so you can make better decisions on your own. Radiance not only comes from how you're fueling your body, but also from how confident you feel about the why behind those decisions.
- Detox: We'll put your knowledge to work, helping you to confidently purge the bad. Next....
- Upgrade Your Pantry: After we detox, our next step is choosing foods to replace the bad, but with no sacrifice. I'm not a proponent of elimination without compromise, we have choices, alternatives are plentiful. We'll take this knowledge and create a list of real, whole foods helping you to navigate the grocery store with confidence, and ease.
- Organize your kitchen: I'll help create an efficient and attractive space conducive to preparing a good meal. Once we're finished, you may even want to spend time there cooking to create your own good health!
WHOLE Body Care
Did you know? Some chemicals found in lotions, shampoos, deodorants, etc. are toxic. Plastic products are even offenders covering everything from your foods to cooking utensils, to the liners in our showers. In my opinion, we come into contact with too much plastic. What if we took back the power in our homes, and cut back on the items containing plastic? It's possible, we can approach this gradually with little to no major investment. I want to do right by my body, this is a vital step worth the effort.
- Do You Free?: Although not a quick transition, being free of shampoo, soap, and deodorant is worth it. I've been shampoo-free and soap-free for two years now, no regrets. My hair and skin have never looked, or felt better, the patches of eczema quickly faded leaving me with oh-so smooth skin. And, packing for a trip is a cinch, the less decisions the better! If you decide to try it, I'll support you through the rough spots. What have you go to lose?
- Body Products: Seek out products free of harmful chemicals. I regularly visit Environmental Working Group (EWG) to make better decisions when I'm shopping for sunscreen, toothpaste, and deodorant. We can take an inventory of your products to determine what's safe, or not, then search for better choices.
- Food Storage: Consider a transition from plastic to glass to store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer, in fact, after thawing the glass can go straight to the oven. Another step in the right direction is buying bulk foods like spices, beans, grains, and even peanut butter. If you pack your lunch, participate in potlucks, etc. and need light-weight containers, opt for BPA-free or metal. Making the switch was a gradual one for me, I'd love to guide you for an easier transition.
Self-Care & Routines
I know, I know, you've got plenty of things happening in your world. Career, kids, relationship, etc. how and why do you fit one more "to do" on your list? I can't stress this enough, the results are beneficial for your state of mind, health, work, and the relationships you have with the people that matter. Doing something for yourself, even if it's every once in a while, SHOULD NOT be a luxury. Yes, I know the word should is powerful, however dedicating time to you is crucial for your health & well-being providing long-term benefits. What if you could find a way to incorporate each of these into your life, how would that make you feel? Let's find a way, I'll help you. Whether we tackle them as a whole, or take it one-by-one, you've got this!
- Down-Time: What does down-time mean to you? Honoring yourself with a nap, walk, or drive in the country? Clearing your head can contribute to your creativity, and help you gain a fresh, new perspective on life--who doesn't need that? By the way, when I say down-time, I don't mean pulling out your phone to fill up the gap. Let it all go. Let's discuss ways you can check out, whether it's for a few minutes or days, whatever is most comfortable to you.
- Exercise: A body in motion stays in motion, truth. We all have fascia that envelopes our muscles, if you are not moving your fascia, then it will stop moving--simple as that. Unfortunately, this leaves you at risk for aches, pains, and unnecessary suffering. I know, I got stuck in a Gap fitting room many years ago trying on pants, when I say stuck, I mean I couldn't move. Read the rest of the story here. Yoga works for me, I'll help you find a practice that helps you move too. Maybe it's dance, walking, or yoga? Please choose one, your body will thank you.
- Brain Health: Even though it's officially not a muscle, the behavior is very similar--you must use it, or lose it! What about learning a new language, or preparing a new recipe? Or, even choosing an alternate driving route can strengthen your brain. What would you choose to change things up? I'll help you....
“Evidence suggests mental stimulation improves brain function and reduces the risk of cognitive decline and related diseases. Mental stimulation or “exercise” helps the brain grow stronger, faster and better able to complete the millions of daily tasks it is charged with, from memory to problem solving to attention; not to mention controlling every aspect of the rest of the body. ”
— to your Health
- Relationships: This may be met with resistance, and that's okay. No matter what age you are you shouldn't have to relinquish your precious energy or time to a toxic relationship, one that causes you to feel anger, fear, or inferior. However, as we age, I realize you may feel like making friends is more difficult. But, if those friendships bring heartache and suffering, they have the potential to be counter-productive to your health. If you need support, guidance, or understanding around this subject, let me be your sounding board.
If any, or all of these resonate with you, let's connect to make sure we're a good fit.